Friday, June 08, 2007

Rescue Me


I have a good tale to tell.
Wednesday, Mommie took us for a walk down the big road.
Quietly and surprisingly, this little dog was walking behind us.
I must be honest and say that I smelled him coming.
Boy, did he stink.
He came up and sniffed me to say hello.
I told him to get lost.
He really did stink!
He said, "I am lost."
I shouldn't have told Mommie what he said because that got the ball rolling.
He wouldn't leave us alone for our walk, he kept following us.

Two old men drove by on a tractor and yelled at Mommie is she wanted another dog.
She asked "Who's dog is it?"
They yelled back, "A stray."
She asked"How long?"
They said "Two weeks", and they kept on driving.

I could hear Mommies brain thinking about what she could do for this dog.
People drop off dogs here. I don't what they expect the dogs to do.
There are foxes, and coyotes and trucks to run from.
Mommie said it wasn't fair to leave this dog.

He looks a lot like me, if he went to the groomers he might just be as cute as I am.
He is twice my size, around 12 to 14 pounds. He is male and young, like Camo.
I don't need another brother, I am finally getting Camo in line.
He kept following us, wanting to play.
Mommie picked him up and looked at him.
She got his stink on her clothes.
I was worried that he was going to follow us all the way home.

He didn't. He went to visit some hound dogs that were tied up in front of their house.
We could hear him being yelled at to get away.

When Mommie got home, she started to make phone calls about the local rescue people.
She didn't even need to get that far, because she had a message waiting for her.
It was from that nice Mrs. Taylor, the lady whose house I ran to 2 years ago when I ran away from the boom.
Mrs. Taylor saw this dog, feed the dog and wanted to know if my Mommie was missing a dog.
Mommie called Mrs. Taylor. Mrs. Taylor said she would keep the dog, if it was still around when she got home.
The road is a very busy road, with big trucks racing by.
Mommie told Mrs. Taylor that we would get the dog and den it in our big crate till she got home.

Daisy Mae to the rescue.
Mommie took me, a collar, a leash, dog treats and the dog crate in the truck.
We went back to look for the little stinker.
I was the bait, in case he wouldn't come.
He was pretty easy to find. He was across the road and under a trailer.
He came out to play but went to hide when Mommie tried to collar him.
I had to go under the trailer and tell him to come out.
I told him that he had a good life ahead of him.
Mrs. Taylor use to have two dogs and one of them died last year.
She could really use another dog.
He would be sharing a nice house, big yard and lots of love with a girl, Jack Russell terrier.
He would have it made, if he came out.

Mommie put him in the crate and we drove over to Mrs. Taylor backyard.
Mommie clipped him a little to get the nasty mats away from his face and belly.
He was an awful mess. Nobody ever took care of him!
I sat in the truck, so he wouldn't be distracted or embarrassed by my beauty.
Mommie gave him food, a chewie, water and placed him in the shade.
He liked the attention and settled down for a nap.
We went home and I got a bath.
This part of the story, doesn't seem fair to me, but now I am extra nice and fluffy.

Mrs. Taylor came home and let him out in her garden.
He was happy to see his new mom. He stuck around and spent the night in the crate.
The next day, she took him to the vet and to the groomers.


We are going back to see him this week-end. We will take another photo of him.
He should have a new name and I bet he will smell really good, and I won't have to call him little stinker any more.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

kenju said...

Daisy, he is SO cute! I am glad you found him a home, and I hope your mommy will take pictures of his now and then.